AUDACITY, THE ONLY CHALLENGE FOR A NEW AFRICA
It is around this slogan, derived from the Manifesto of the fiftieth anniversary of African independence, that the General Assembly of the Institut Afrique Monde (IAM) or Africa World Institute (in English) was held.
The Institut Afrique Monde is a “Think tank” created in Paris in October 2013, with a branch in Côte d’Ivoire set up in 2014, which has set itself the mission of being an independent and apolitical think tank with the aim of:
- to make Africa’s dynamism and potential known to as many people as possible through a better understanding of its society, culture and economy, from both a historical and a contemporary perspective,
- to position itself as a body for reflection, analysis and debate, proposing innovative and bold ideas for the development of a peaceful Africa, open to the world, with a point of view to defend on what happens,
- to encourage and implement initiatives that aim to improve the lives of men and women on the African continent.
The analysis and action of the IAM are structured around 3 poles:
- Art, Culture, Religion – Spirituality, Research & Publishing
- International development, public and private governance & financing
- Education, Innovation & Communication