"Audacity, the only challenge for a new Africa"
The Institut Afrique Monde welcomes you. It is a "Think Tank" created in Paris in October 2013, with an office in Côte d'Ivoire set up in 2014, which has set itself the mission of being an independent and apolitical think tank with the aim of:
- to make Africa's dynamism and potential known to as many people as possible through a better understanding of its society, culture and economy, from both a historical and a contemporary perspective,
- to position itself as a body for reflection, analysis and debate, proposing innovative and bold ideas for the development of a peaceful Africa, open to the world, with a point of view to defend on what happens,
- to encourage and implement initiatives that aim to improve the lives of men and women on the African continent.
Africa is considered as the continent of the future. We provide you with publications about the African continent, its subjects and its future.
Click here to download the PDF version of the synthesis Chat on April 4, 2019 organized by the Africa World Institute Summary written by Mr. Nicolas Klingelschmitt Speakers : Mr. Christian VICENTY, China/Russia/Ukraine & New Silk Roads Policy Officer at the French Ministry of Economy and Finance. Mr. Manga KUOH, member of the Africa...
On November 2, 2018, the Africa World Institute organized in partnership with Sophia University in Tokyo (Japan) and the Catholic University of Central Africa (Yaoundé, Cameroon) a symposium on African Tales as a tool for conflict resolution, at the Centre Sèvres (35 bis Rue de Sèvres, 75006 Paris). On this occasion, Ms. Atsuko Nagai,...
African tontines: a phenomenon as widespread in Africa as it is unknown in Europe 9 December 2006: Neighbourhood tontine in Niamakoro, Bamako, Mali Jeanne Semin, L’argent, la famille, les amies: ethnographie contemporaine des tontines africaines en contexte migratoire. To fully understand the importance of tontines, it is necessary to start from one observation: in...
“THE MAN WHO REPAIRS WOMEN” IN THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO: A LOOK BACK AT THE STRUGGLE OF DR. DENIS MUKWEGE, NOBEL PEACE PRIZE 2018 In Africa, women are the main victims of armed conflicts since they are, in particular, the targets of rape; in recent decades, many cases of rape have been...
- Report of the June 29, 2020 webinar
- Tribute to Bernard Puepi (Member of the Board of Directors)
- Reading Note: Kako Nubukpo, The African Emergency
- Conference of February 12, 2020 organized by the Africa World Institute: China–Africa: What Perceptions? What realities? What perspectives?
- Photos – China-Africa Conference